Reader and Scribe Training - 29 & 31 July 2024
What is the aim of the training?
The training programme aims to train educators to fulfil the vital roles of readers and scribes for learners with special learning needs during assessment events.
SACAI regulations for Grade 10 to 12 examination assistants
- must be appointed and paid by parents/guardians.
- may not be a teacher, facilitator, or tutor of the learner, nor the head of a tutor centre or independent school.
- must be trained and certified to act as examination assistant (reader and scribe).
- may not have a personal relationship with the learner (personal assistant excluded).
- may not be a family member of the learner.
- must be a competent adult.
- may not assist learners with the interpretation of questions or the formulation of answers.
- must familiarise themselves with the rules for each accommodation granted and ensure that they function within those parameters.
- must ideally have teaching experience.
- must not be suffering from learning barriers themselves
Why should I attend the training?
- The availability of trained readers and scribes helps to alleviate the challenges faced by learners with learning, reading or concentration problems and the stress associated with this.
- Using the services of a qualified reader or scribe can enhance the quality and credibility of the assessment results.
- A SACE-accredited certificate, valid for two (2) years, will be issued upon completion of the training (SACE accreditation number: PR13456)
What does the training session cover?
- A recap of pre-reading activities
- An information session on learning barriers and assessment accommodations
- Theoretical and practical training based on a variety of different scenarios
- Group work and a Q&A session
- Assessment of knowledge and skills
Where and when does the training take place?
The training will be presented online via Zoom. Each course will take place over two days (one 2-hour session per day). The sessions will start at 14:00 and end at approximately 16:00.
Once you have purchased a ticket, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link for the training sessions.
You will need to attend both training sessions and complete the online assessment to meet the SACE requirements for accreditation. Please note that it is essential to purchase a ticket for the training to reserve your spot, as each course is limited to a maximum of 100 attendees.
Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reader and Scribe training - Zoom
|Reader and Scribe Training