Oxford English Grammar: The Advanced Guide
Oxford English Grammar: The Advanced Guide is a grammar reference and practice book for the proficient English student. It offers comprehensive, advanced explanations of language concepts with annotated examples, examples of common grammar mistakes and how to correct them, and practice exercises that help to consolidate understanding. The guide may be used in conjunction with any English language course.
This practical guide is intended for reference, self-study and consolidation practice and is suitable for use from Grades 4–12. Teachers, tutors, facilitators and parents can use the guide to expand their knowledge and clearly explain the language structures to their learners.
- Key language concepts are explained in a logical order, which ensures the progressive acquisition of knowledge.
- Examples of common mistakes and how to correct them help learners to avoid frequently made language errors.
- Practice exercises allow learners to test their understanding and consolidate their grammar knowledge.
- The guide includes a resource section with language tables that can be used for reference and self-study.
- An answer booklet, which includes all the answers to the exercises, is available online as a reference for support and extension exercises. The booklet is available for free download at www.oxford.co.za/download_files/schools/OEGTAG_answer_book.pdf
Author/s: B. Hathorn, L. Hoepner, B. Jeffery, M. Steynberg
Publication date: October 2015
Publisher: OUP Southern Africa
Dimensions: 297 x 210 mm
|Gr 4, Gr 5, Gr 6, Gr 7, Gr 8, Gr 9, Gr 10, Gr 11, Gr 12